Thursday, March 26, 2009

I just signed on with ArtFire

I read DaisyLeeDesigns recent blog about her being an ArtFire user. This wasn't the first time that I had heard about them. I bookmarked ArtFire's site when I learned about them in the Etsy Forums.

Today I signed on as a FREE ArtFire seller. I noticed there was a level where you pay to use the site, but I haven't committed to that level.

My sales are almost non-existent on Etsy right now. Yesterday I had a "wake-up" e-mail from another Etsy user who told me I have to promote off-site (meaning Etsy). She said when she stopped promoting off Etsy, all her sales dried up. I also read in the Forums that Etsy is only concerned about its sellers...they don't make it their business to find us buyers. I believe that.

So far I've added two items to my Art Fire Store. When I logged out, I was able to see both of those items immediately on the Home Page! Nice. I'm impressed.

.....It's later in the day. My toaster cover had 2 views today. Not bad.

1 comment:

  1. I've been contemplating setting up an Artfire shop just for the heck of it. Also looked at 1000 Markets.

    ReplyDelete