Thursday, May 14, 2009

Quick California Rolls



I love California Rolls! I used to make them with the help of a kit that I bought from Waldens Books for $8.00. That was before my daughter was born.

After she was born, I didn't have time to cut up each individual vegetable, plus boil and wait on the rice...not supposed to use Minute Rice afterall! Living without California Rolls was not an option! So, I needed to come up with a quicker way to make my California Rolls.

I know you're supposed to use rice vinegar to make the rice sticky...yah, yah, yah...I didn't have any of that either.

So, my new method is to use fried white rice and cook in chopped chinese frozen veggies that I cut up with my food processor.

I still use my Nori wrappers...I buy them from Tops Market. $2.10 last I knew.

Basically, I fry up my rice and chopped veggies, wait for them to cool a little, spread the whole mixture onto my Nori wrapper, maybe add some chopped avacado...then tightly roll it up with my bamboo mat.

Don't forget the most important part, and that's to "squish" the roll width wise square so it's easier to chop up. My ends are normally sloppy, so I throw them into a bowl to have as a bowl of fried rice and veggies later.

No comments:

Post a Comment