Saturday, September 19, 2009

Boring T-Shirt Transformation





This was a boring silky navy blue t-shirt from Petite Sophisticate. Now it's a very stylish sleeveless tank. The transformation makes me want to go out and buy the most boring t-shirts I can find!
Basically, borrowing on an idea that I read about in 99 Ways to Transform a T-shirt (your local library may have a copy - that's where I got mine.) I measured 1 1/2 inches from the neckline, then cut 2 inches downward from the top of the shirt, close to the neckline. When I reached the end of my 2 inches, I cut diagonally to the bottom of the sleeve. Repeat on the other side.
So then I had sleeves left over. I marked off 1 1/2 inch wide by about 2 inches tall rectangles. Those rectangles got glued with quick drying Fabri-tac to the front of my t-shirt. I started in the middle of my shirt and worked my way upward, overlapping rectangles. Voila, I'm done!

2 comments:

  1. That looks great! What a change - feels like a Project Runway transformation!

    ReplyDelete