Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Simple Way to Restyle an Old T-shirt



I needed a change from the boring OLD ( I stress Old) t-shirts that I've accumulated over the years. You know the ones you pick up while on vacation or from participating in a walk or jog-a-thon? I came up with this style myself. I cut the heck out of it!
This t-shirt started out as a high neck, square sleeves, non-figure flattering cotton t-shirt. It was a BRIGHT yellow when I bought it. Time and washings have faded it. But, I wasn't ready to give up on my St. Augustine t-shirt. The embroidery is still good, and the shirt has no stains...so I restyled it.
I actually cut off the neckline, cut the back off ( a little more than I should have) cut off the bottom hem, and cut off the sleeves. The new neckline is gathered with 3 pleats and the bottom hem became the top trim of the shirt. I left the bottom unfinished. The nice thing about t-shirts is the hems roll naturally. I did finish the sides of the chest area by turning them under and sewing close to the edge.
You can find more simple ideas to restyle your wardrobe at Jenniferscraftstore.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment