Monday, June 28, 2010

An Old Bedspread Gets New Life

I'm decorating and re-sewing my porch chair cushions this summer. Rather than buy all new cushions or even all new fabrics, I decided to give new life to an old bedspread. The bedspread was sitting in my attic in a plastic bag...it's still beautiful, but we weren't going to use it because there are a few rips in it. However, it's perfect material for a chair cushion cover. I sewed the ball trim onto the right side of the chair cushion fabric first.

Next I sewed the rest of the bedspread section to the wrong side of the cushion. The ball trim was tucked neatly inside, already having been sewn. The padding is also inside at this point.

Lastly, I turned all layers right side out and sewed up one of the short sides. Voila! A new reversible porch chair cushion.





No comments:

Post a Comment